Volume : 5, Issue : 3, MAR 2019
THE ROLE OF TEACHERS’IN ENSURING SUSTAINABILITY IN INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FOR CWSN IN TERMS OF EQUITY AND QUALITY
DR. SARU JOSHI
Inclusion in education involves ensuring that all pupils can have access to the educational benefits and social opportunities
offered by the school (Mittler 2000). Along with the benefits and opportunities the sustainability of these CWSN is
imperative.Teachers are known to be the main factor in any educational venture for sustainability In order to make the
inclusive education sustain, it is generally agreed that the most responsible personnel of school i.e. teachers should be
receptive to the principles and demands of inclusion.This paper makes an attempt to know the role of teachers’toward the
sustainability of inclusive education ofthe children with special needs based on the basis of Equityand Quality. To ‘ensure
inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all’, the teachers’ role is very
important and same is highlighted here.
INCLUSIVE EDUCATION; SUSTAINABILITY; CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS; EQUITY; QUALITY.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 7
Number of Downloads : 10
1. Mahants, Borah, Adhikary (2016) Inclusive of Education, Guwahati-1.
2. Belapuskar, A.M. &Phatak, S.V. (2011), Knowledge and attitude about Inclusive Education School Teachers. Retrieved from www.srjis.com
3. Boer, F.&Piji (2011), Attitude of Primary regular school teachers towards inclusive education retrieved from www.wicipedia.com
4. Subban, P &Sharm, U (2005) Understanding educator attitudes, retrieved from http://dsq-sds.org
5. Dukmak, S.J. &Ain, A. (2013) Regular classroom teachers attitudes towards including students with disabilities in the regular classroom in the United Arab Emirates, retrieved from http”//www.hraljornal.com
6. Ecaterina Maria Unianu / Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 33 (2012) 900 – 90, 1877-0428 © 2012 Published by Elsevier B.V. Selection and/or peer-review under responsibility of PSIWORLD2011doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.01.252
7. Quality inclusive education is at the heart of the Sustainable goal https://www.globalpartnership.org/.../quality-inclus
ive-education-heart-sustainable-de..Apr 4, 2017
8. A Guide for ensuring inclusion and equity in educationunesdoc.unesco.org/images/0024/002482/248254e.pdf
9. Viva Books; Inclusive Education from Rhetoric to Reality , The North South Dialogue II Edited by MithuAlur and Michael Bach published 2005, reprinted 2010.