Volume : 5, Issue : 8, AUG 2019
MAJOR FACTORS DETERMINING JOB SATISFACTION OF COLLEGE TEACHERS
In India, Teacher has always a prominent position in the system of Education and his behavior has been watched with utmost care and caution from the earliest days. It is obvious that future of a Nation depends upon the quality of the teachers, the country has, and the concept of a good teacher of the past is no more valid in the present context of education. Teacher effectiveness, teaching aptitude and teacher’s job satisfaction etc. Are the new targets towards which the educational heading with the help of scientific tools of measurements. Job satisfaction is the result of various attitudes possessed by an employee towards his job; these attitudes may be related to job factors such as salary. Job security, job environment, nature of work, opportunities for promotion and other fringe benefits. Job satisfaction may thus be defined as an attitude which results from a balancing and summation of many specific likes and dislikes experienced by an employee in the performance of his job. The present study analyses the job satisfaction of Arts and Science college teachers in north of Madurai. The respondents taken for this study is 50 from various colleges.
SALARY, JOB SATISFACTION, EDUCATION, PROMOTION, TEACHING.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 20
Number of Downloads : 33
1. Abdul Raheem Mohamad Yusuf (Jan. 2013). Power
motivation, Burnout of teacher of its relationship
with student satisfaction. An empirical study at
Public sector University? International Journal of
Independent research and studies
2. Ashari H. Ahmad, U.N.U and Rahman, S.A.A et.al
(2005) organizational commitment among academicians: its relationship with stress level.
university teknologi Malaysia
3. AgneJuozaitiene and Berita Simonaitiene (2011)
Motivators of teacher job satisfaction; Teaching and
Learning International Survey (TALIS)
4. AzmanIsmail, Hasen AI-Banna Mohammed et.al
(vol.6, no.11, November 2011), relationship between
performance based pay, international justice and job
5. Aziz (2003)”organizational role stress among
Indian information technology professionals’’, Asians pacific news letter on occupational health and safety,
6. Amy agoplan, Anneke Zuyderduln et.al (2009)
job satisfaction and morale in the Ugandan health
work fierce, ABI inform complete.
7. Allen, M.(2003) Eight questions on teacher
preparation: what does the research say A summary
of the findings. Denver, co: Education commission of
8. Akpofure.R, Ikhifa.O.G and Okkoyoto.e (2006)
job satisfaction among educations in colleges
of education in southern Nigeria, journal of applied
sciences 6(5), 1094-1098,
9. Amarjit Gill, Suraj P. Sharma et.al (vol.29 no.1
employee-derive for empowerment. A Comparative
study in Canada and India, internal journal of
10. AfiaHanif and Sarwat Sultan (2011) Personality
and Locus of Control: A combined Factor
Determining Job Satisfaction; Business Review
11. Brian A.Jacob Lars Lefgien (April 2002) the
impact of teacher training on student Achievement
Quasi – Experimental Evidence from School reform
Efforts in Chicago.
12. Barry Bozeman and Monica Gaughan (2011) Job
satisfaction among university faculty: Individual,
Work and Institutional Determinants; the Journal of
13. Bullock, R.P.: “Social factors related to Job
Satisfaction” research monograph No.70, Ohio State
University Bureau of Business Research, and
14. Borrow, H. (ed.): man in a world at work.
Haughton Mufflin Co., Boston, 1964.
15. Blum, M.L. & Nayler, J.C.: Industrial Psychology,
Its theoretical and social foundations, Weather Hill
16. Brian N. Rutherford, Yujie Wei, JungKun Park,
and Won-Moo Hur (Fall 2012) Increasing job
performance and reducing turnover: An examination
of female Chinese sales people; Journal of Marketing
Theory and Practice.
17. Bull (2005) the relationship between job
satisfaction and organizations commitment amongst
high school teaches in disadvantages area in western
cape.(master thesis, tygerberg, South Africa)
18. Bharath M. Josiam, Christy Crutsinger, Johnny Sue
Reynolds, Thao-Vi Dotter, Sumeetra Thozhur, Tom
Baum, Frances. G. Devine (2009) an empirical study
E-ISSN NO : 2455-295X | VOLUME : 5 | ISSUE : 8 | AUGUST 2019
of the work attitudes of generation Y college students
in the USA: The case of hospitality and merchandising
undergraduate majors; Journal of Services Research.
19. chen, yang, shiau and wang (2006) the
development of an employee satisfactions model for
higher education tqm mag.18(5):484-500
20. Chimanikar .P mutandwa .E, muzonda.N and
mutandwa.B, gadzirayi.C et.al (2007) factors
affecting job satisfication among a cademic
professionals in tertiary institutions in Zimbabwe
African journal of business management, I(6),
21. Crites, J.O.: Vocational Psychology- The study of
vocational behavior and development, McGraw- Hill,
22. Chh-lun hung (2012) Internal marketing teacher
job satisfaction and effectiveness of central Taiwan
primary schools; Social behaviour and personality.
Mediating model approach, international journal of
business and management.
23. Corinne Boyles and Aiko Shibata (Jan 2009) Job
satisfaction, work time, and well-being among
married women in Japan; Feminist Economics.
journal of agriculture education vol 45,no 3
24. Cock bur and haydn (2004) recruiting and
retaining teachers, understanding why teacher teach.
london, England; routledfalmer
25. David N. Figlio& Lawrence Kenny (October 2006)
Individual teacher incentives and student
performance, National bureau of Economic research